Aussie rail PPP draws six EoIs
The six consortia, consisting of more than 60 individual companies submitted their intention to bid on the PPP which brings twin 15.5km tunnels between Sydney’s Bella Vista and Epping areas. The six consortia include:
- Baulderstone, Bouygues Travaux joint venture
- China Rail Group Australia
- Civilinc, a joint venture between Acciona Infrastructure; Ferrovial Agroman (Australia) and Ghella
- OHL Impregilo, joint venture with Obrascon Huarte Lain and Impregilo
- RapidLink: Obayashi Corporation; McConnell Dowell Constructors and Laing O’Rourke Australia Construction
- Consortium between Thiess; John Holland and Dragados Australia.
Following the call for tenders in October, a preferred bidder is to be awarded during the second half of 2013.
The North West Rail Link project consists of three major contracts – tunnelling, surface construction works and rail systems, trains and operations.